Saturday, October 23, 2010

30 Days of ME!! Day 8...

Day 08- Short term goals for this month and why


Ok... Soooo... I know I like REALLY fell off the wagon with the posts but I'm back now. I decided to skip day 7 because there are alot of things/ people that inspire me. I don't have one person that has made a tremendous impact on my life but my mom and I don't have any more pics of her...lol She hates taking pics. So I decided to jump to day 8 and go from there...


My short term goals are: get through ECC without being completely broke, pass all of my classes with at least a B and get a new car!!


Goal #1: What is ECC you ask?? ECC stand for East Coast Conference. This is an annual conference that my church hosts and people from all over the East come for inspiring and spritually uplifting services. Now the "broke" part. Though this is a church conference you see people that you normally wouldn't see because they are from other areas. Therefore it is important that you put your best foot forward as far as looks are concerned. For single women this means that you could possibly be meeting your future husband here. So because I have been wearing the same type of clothing all the time I decided to go against my usual attitude and get all new outfits. I usually just wear what I have but I wanted to do something different. So I ordered a dress from Eshakti.com (which I can't wait for it to get here!! I'll post pics when I do get it) and bought some other pieces to kind of shake up my normal routine... So hopefully I didn't over kill myself :).


Goal #2: Pass all of my classes with at least a B. This is really important to me because it has never happened before. I have always had atleast one grade below a B and I want to make the Dean's list this semester! I am finally taking classes in my major and it is important that I do my best in all my classes...


Goal #3: Now this one is getting a new car... Let me tell ya'll... I have a car now... OMG I am SOOOO sick of it!! And every week something else falls apart. I am much like my mama and if something breaks it's time to get a new one. The car I have is just about paid off and I can't WAIT til I can get another one!!! I'm looking at the Ford Flex. But I have a few concerns. I haven't heard anything bad about Ford but I have heard better things about GMC and chevy. Plus I want to get something foreign. Like a Scion. They seem to last longer. But I don't really know. That's the vain part of me coming out. 


I have drooled on these...





But with my part-time college student salary, it's not possible...lol


Not sure why but I have found myself drawn to the two tone colored ones...lol


But not any crazy colors... We will stick to the basics ;)


I'm pretty sure if I was to get one it would have a white top and black bottom, tinted windows and black rims... The shinny ones ;)

Yes, Heaven has come to earth... In the form of the Ford Flex. I'm def getting one now!!lol

1 comment:

Weesha said...

ooh you got me dreaming about cars again-I'm hoping to buy a Jeep Wrangler by next January! I hope we both reach our goals :)

I'm so glad you liked the post and ofcourse I feel the same way! You come across as very down to earth and optimistic, and I love reading your blog <3