Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Post of the year...


WOW!! I can't believe I made it through 2010 in one piece!! It was the hardest year I have had yet! Many challenges and obstacles. But also some happiness. One being MY BLOG!!!! I am so happy that I have a place where I can come express myself and show the world a bit of myself. Well... first I want to look back at 2010 and see the lessons that I have learned. I want to keep them on hand so that I will do better in 2011.

Lessons Learned in 2010:

1. Love yourself- Honestly when someone told me this I didn't listen. I am still well on my way but I am MUCH closer than I was 1/1/2010. At times this has been really hard but I'm getting better at it. If loving yourself means going to see SATC2 movie alone, DO IT. Buying smooth writing pens at the beginning of the semester, BUY THEM. Letting go of people that could care less about you, LET THEM GO! If you don't love yourself then no one else will. So take the time to love yourself.

2. Don't keep around people that make you feel less of a person. No one told me this. I went through a couple of months of depression because of this. They didn't want me around them and I was too nieve to see it. So then I felt like I wasn't good enough to have any friends, when the fact of the matter is I WAS good enough and still am. I wasn't loving myself by trying to be around people who didn't want to be around me. This includes boyfriend relationships as well as friendships. If there is one person that don't want to hang with you then there is 2 that do. You just have to find them. They are there.

3. Taking time away from your life is helpful. Sometimes you need to get away and relax so when you come back you will be refreshed and have a better perspective. If this means going to the beach 2 Saturdays in a row, DO IT. If this means having an appointment with all 6 seasons of Grey's Anatomy, A large bag of Doritos and your favorite drink, DO IT. I have always been an advocate for mothers to do that. But I have found we single women need it too...

4. Shopping for yourself and dressing everyday makes you feel better. There is nothing like finding that dress that fits you just right or getting up, putting on a nice outfit and going out where ever you have to go that day, or looking in a closet full of clothing and having something that fits your mood for that day.  Even if it is only to class. Skip the sweats one day a week besides Friday and see how often you will want to do it more. There is NOTHING like sexy undergarments, nice pumps (or nice shoes) and curling your hair for the day to build your confidence.

5.Yeah so I thought I would have a #5 but I don't so we will skip this one...lol

So what does this mean for 2011?? In the past I have had resolutions that I didn't keep. So for the last 3-4 years I haven't made any at all. So in all of this I was thinking in what ways can I make 2011 a good year for me? After all I'm going to be 26!! Can you believe it?!?! I can't. So here are some resolutions that I am going to keep up with this year.

New Years Resolutions

1. Create myself.


For a while now I have been waiting for someone to tell me how to "find" myself and it's not happening. So from now on I will "create". Whatever I want to do I will do it. I won't sit around waiting on people who will never come around.

2. Stay off of Facebook before 7 pm. This isn't going to be hard because I won't let it be. In the past I have spent hours on FB and haven't gotten assignments done or gotten really behind on things. Time to break the cycle!! I'm turning 26 this year remember...lol

3. Update my blog more. I want to have at least 2 outfit posts a week and one lessons learned a week. This sounds like it isn't much but I promise you this is going to be hard for me. It isn't about getting material it's about taking the time to actually write. I don't have enough clothes that I can do a post everyday. My mom would probably say that I could but I don't think I can so we shall see how this goes for the time being.

4. Drink atleast 16 oz. of water a day. I actually started doing this over the summer but I stopped and I need to start again. It helps me feel lighter and makes my skin clearer so I'm doin it!! Yeah!!lol

5. No shopping for 3 weeks of every month. This is to get back on the financial track. I have been buying a lot of clothing that really isn't necessary so I'm going to stop. I love the clothes that I have. But for January I'm not going to buy anything. I need to start saving for Spring. I have BIG plans for spring!!!!

6. Be on time. I have been working on this and it is possible. I just have to go to bed on time to get up on time to be dressed and at class on time. See it's a cycle and I'm MAKIN IT HAPPEN!!!

So there they are!! What are some of your New Years Resolutions??

No comments: